Thinking about moving your apps into Microsoft’s RDS? ChangeBASE have been working closely with Microsoft on creating a new reporting group for Microsoft Remote Desktop Services (previously known as Terminal Services). This will allow you to test your applications for suitability with RDS, and includes automated fixing for half of the issues we detect.
Here’s a summary of the six plugins in the new reporting group:
- Per-User Install Detection - Checks that the installation is per-machine rather than per-user
- Global User Data Settings Detection - Checks for the presence of user related data being stored in non-user locations
- Host Detection - Checks for the presence of IP addresses
- Printer Driver Detection - Checks for the presence of printer drivers
- Elevated Privileges Detection - Checks for the presence of files that will be executed with elevated privileges through the use of security manifests
- ActiveSetup Detection - Checks for the presence of ActiveSetup within the installation source
Contact email@example.com for more info.