Here's the next snippet of Carl's Industry newsletter, focusing on Windows 8.
An incomplete developer preview of Windows 8 and Windows Server 8 has been released at //build/ conference, 500,000 people downloaded it in the first 24 hours, and it has already begun receiving updates.
There are an additional 300+ features that were not shown at the conference.
- Here's a summary of some Windows 8 features, and here are some close ups:
- Hyper-V is included in the workstation release.
- It doesn’t work in all virtual environments.
- It can mount ISO and VHD files.
- A Microsoft engineering blog dedicated to building (hype about) Windows 8 featuring videos, interviews and stories.
- Windows 8 boots differently and faster than Windows 7 - here’s how it works.
- Windows 8 may include phone capabilities.
- Many of the new features requiring a touch screen have been tested on older computers.
- You can boot off a USB stick, but what happens if you take it out?
- It has added security.
- The history of Windows Explorer, and copying files with name collisions.
- 16-bit apps are still supported on 32-bit Windows 8.
Why not check out the official Windows 8 forums? http://win8.ms/forums.
What are your thoughts on Windows 8? What are you most looking forward to, and what are your concerns?
We'd love to hear your comments.